Please click on the link below to find out more about how maths is taught in Rokesly Junior School. (The attached presentation was delivered at the curriculum meetings on 16th and 17th of October).
What can you do to support your child in maths?
- Practise of ‘basic skills’ and number recall
- Support them with homework and Times Table Rockstars
- Everyday maths – measuring in the kitchen, lengths and distances, telling the time
- Money – children have increasingly less experience as we use cards regularly
- Play maths games together – “I’m thinking of a number/shape…” (20 questions)
- Card games and other activities can be found at: http://mathengaged.org/resources/card-games/
Welcome to Rokesly Junior School, a fun, friendly and exciting place to learn and grow. Rokesly Junior School has been encouraging children from the local community to make the most of their potential for over 60 years.
Phone: 020 8348 0290
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @rokeslyjunior